• Windows 7, 8, or 10, 64bit
• Processor: Intel Core i7, Xeon or comparable AMD. Speed: close to 3GHz (or greater).
• RAM: Minimum recommendation is 8 GB to 12 GB. Get as much as is affordable; 8 GB is acceptable, 16 GB or more for larger projects.
• Video Card/Chipset: Presently NVidia GeForce GTX 950 or higher are recommended. NVidia Quadro series cards are also acceptable but are quite expensive and the performance increase is doubtful and will not make up for the extra cost. Our software is built and tested on Nvidia cards.
*NVidia’s Optimus Technology (common on laptops) requires a specific setup.
See Article: "NVidia Control Panel Configuration".
• OpenGL is the default, and fastest, display mode used by the program so the video card must be listed to use OpenGL. Be aware, however, that not all OpenGL drivers are properly implemented. GDDR5 VRAM is highly preferable with all video cards/chipsets. 2 GB VRAM or more, depending on the average size of projects.